The Final Public Event of the SusMedHouse project was held with the presence of government officials, the Prima project officer, university professors, and companies specializing in the development of new technologies in agriculture on 15th of June 2023 at AR&TeCS facilities in Ankara. The event was hosted by AR&TeCS and Ankara University Technopolis.
At the beginning of the meeting, Dr. Yaşar Katırcıoğlu, the director of AR&TeCS and the project coordinator, welcomed the guests and delivered the opening speech. In his address, he discussed the significance of new technologies in agriculture especially in the greenhouse and provided a brief introduction to the SusMedHouse project and the technologies developed within it.
During the event, representatives of the project partners and AR&TeCS engineers gave the presentations on the following topics.
- General Information about SusMedHouse Project and Demonstration Greenhouse (AR&TeCS, Türkiye)
- Comparative Research and Analysis in Greenhouse (Antalya Tarım, Türkiye)
- Biodegradable Growth Media Development (CNR-ISAFOM, Italy)
- Development of Solar Coating and Low-E Coating on greenhouse roof materials (Fraunhofer, Germany)
- Development of Sunlight Optimization with Agro-PV for greenhouse (Fraunhofer, Germany)
- Integrated Pest and Pathogen Management (AVIPE, Portugal)
- Exploitation and Dissemination of Results (Proteus, Egypt)
- Development of Biosensors with Multi sensors (WOLA, Spain)
- AI-Powered Solutions for Enhanced Pest and Pathogen Control and Plant Growth Optimization (AR&TeCS, Türkiye)
- Development of AI and DSS for greenhouse (AR&TeCS, Türkiye)
After lunch at Technopolis, the guests visited the SusMedHouse demonstration greenhouse located Karaoğlan, Gölbaşı and closely observed the new novel technologies developed by the project partners. There were good opportunities for the guests to discuss in details about the new technologies in the smart greenhouse which has the sub sections as 1) Agro-PV with soil, 2) Agro-PV without soil (hydroponic), 3) Gothic hydroponic, 4) Gothic Conventional, 5) Aquaponic (with fish); NFT, Deep Water, and vertical growing technics as a real test environment with the project team.
Following the greenhouse tour, AR&TeCS agricultural engineers conducted a taste survey among the guests to evaluate the desirability of tomatoes grown in the different section of SusMedHouse demonstration greenhouse in terms of taste, color, and shape. The guests had the opportunity rate the tomatoes and provided feedbacks. The quality of all harvested crops from the different sections was well appreciated, suggesting their potential to attract consumer attention and gain traction in the market.
At the conclusion, the management of AR&TeCS would like to express their sincere gratitude to all the participants for their active engagement and valuable contributions throughout this meeting to SusMedHouse Project.